Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Mother’s song ….

Renton de Alwis
Hear my song
sing along
speak sweet words
shout out loud

fill me full
fill me strong
fill me fine
smile my child

for you!
not for me!

It's a cruel world
I've made for you
I know you scream
I know you cry
hate me not
my sweet child

you're my star
I'll be your moon
when you don't shine

when you do
we'll reach the sun
to play
sunshine games
of fun
laughter
and joy

come my child
by my side
not only now...
as we fly
many skies
many clouds
of samsara

be my child
hear my song
sing sweet songs
sing out loud
for them to hear
laugh out loud

for me,  for you
smile my child!

 
(Written on Christmas day of 2012, to celebrate the courage of the mother of a special child. A similar verse in Sinhala (not a translation) may be found on my Blog archive just above this.)

















Pix credit: CapnFlynn found on Google

No comments:

Post a Comment