Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sharing my Cataract Surgery experience with you ....

It was simple and painless... no big cuts or sutures. Was done in Galle. I went in at 7 am. Surgery was done at 10.30 am and I was returning home early afternoon. Two days of an eye patch, a bit of cleaning with saline solution and insertion of eye drops (3 types) at 4 and 6 hour intervals. Nalaka, my friend who helps me did that all. Thank you! Nalaka. Am on my 3rd day after surgery (done on Sunday) now and can bathe tomorrow. Yet, I must not be excreting my eye to electronic screens for a while and to direct rays of the sun. I posted this and will take another break for a few days before I return to my blog.  
 
At the link below this pic, you will see a 5 minutes video of how Cataract surgery is done today. Mine was done similar to this and since I had seen this video before I went in for surgery, I was able to discuss each stage wit6h the doctor, while the surgery is done, like "Are you now breaking up the cataract? It did not hurt me at all, except a tiny pain when the artificial lens was folded and inserted. and I was fully aware of what was being done. ,
 
Shared Google image
 
 
Thank you ! All my FB and other friends who called and wished me a rapid recovery... I love you all!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment