Saturday, February 9, 2013

The bend on the road


Shortest distance
between two points
is indeed
a straight line
why follow contours
we tunnel
build bridges
overhead
no more going
round and round
the mulberry bush
it's straight stupid
short sweet
see straight
wisdom of the line of vision
don't muddle
it's damn efficient
look straight ahead
why waste brake pads
don't ask why
just do do as I say

No more bends
no more screeches
of breaking
the swaying
from side to side
thrills are thrown
out with babes
bath water
look ahead focus
no time to cry
no time to waste
look look ahead
eyes on the road
I hear I hear
loud and clear
must keep my eyes
on the road
keep them keen
keep them seen
what for
for whom
as you say for
but greater good
yet I miss
that bend I knew
on the road.



By Renton de Alwis
Written on the morn of 09 February 2013
 
Shared Google image credit flicker
 

No comments:

Post a Comment