Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Chioce

by Renton de Alwis

 
I am my own enemy.
For no one else will ever bother,
to take me to a precipice to push me down.
An unbearable thought
in a world where they wait in line,
to push you down.

 

I want to be pushed down…
or else I will choose to jump myself,
for my  yearning to seek what’s there
in that bottomless pit,
overwhelms me.

 

Consuming all of me,
a fire of rage will otherwise
burn me to ashes.
Nothing… nothing will be left
for you or me,
only for the urn, will there be some.
For memories are cherished
more than the now.

 

The now of what goes
to make that memory
is what I seek.

 
The reality of pain, joy, love and whatever else,
I can not wait, but take the plunge.
I ask of you to push me down,
hard, hard … as if nothing else mattered.

 

Written in July 2009

 

No comments:

Post a Comment